Sometimes you need a quick recipe: maybe for a quick snack, or for some last-minute guests, or perhaps on day three of NaBloPoMo when you remember that you are actually participating in NaBloPoMo and need to write a quick post before going to bed. Oops!
I kind of threw this together in the summer when visiting our friends in Bordeaux, although the combination of sweet fruit with salty ham is certainly not a new one. We had such lovely bread, great cheese and delicious summer fruit, and I decided to throw them all together into a quick appetizer. Perfect with a glass of wine on a warm summer’s evening!
- 1 baguette
- 2 ripe nectarines, halved and cut into thin slices
- 1 log of soft goat cheese
- 12 slices of prosciutto or parma ham
- large clove of garlic
- Slice baguette into fairly thin slices, about a centimetre or so would be good. Under the grill or broiler, toast the bread on both sides, until lightly brown and golden. Cut clove of garlic in half and rub the garlic over one side of each piece of toasted bread. Set aside.
- Spread a tablespoon of goat cheese on each round of bread. Layer on a slice of nectarine and half a slice of prosciutto. Eat at room temperature.